The ideal candidate will have experience in recruitment, marketing, public speaking, partnership development and in working with high-impact nonprofit organizations. S/he will be an entrepreneurial team player, flexible and adaptable, results, detail, and deadline-oriented.
Mentor Recruitment and Outreach
- Collaborate with the team to build and execute a recruiting strategy which may include identifying and attending high potential speaking engagements, networking events, and virtual/social media tactics.
- Respond to inquiries from prospective volunteers and oversee Volunteer Coordinators to ensure top notch customer service throughout intake and screening process.
- Leverage the iMentor Interactive mentoring platform, to track effectiveness of recruitment efforts including data collection and reporting progress toward goals.
Corporate and Community Partnerships
- Cultivate recruitment relationships with Community Based organizations and area institutions with an eye towards diversifying the gender, racial/ethnic, and professional diversity of our community of mentors.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maintain and grow group volunteerism programs with companies.
Mentor Support & Engagement
- Work with the team to lead weekly mentor orientations, including preparing curriculum and materials.
- Manage and implement mentor appreciation efforts, including events and mentor recognition.
- Improve and create new opportunities for mentor appreciation
- Support the mentor screening process through the review of applications.
- Support program staff to troubleshoot and manage challenging situations and conversations with mentors.
- Participate in organization-wide initiatives, requiring occasional evening and weekend events.
- At least two years of work experience, with strong preference for experience in several of the following areas: volunteer management, recruiting, admissions, marketing/communications, and/or fundraising.
- At least one year staff management experience.
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate a wide variety of people; confident communicator to large groups of professional adults, even around sensitive subject matter.
- Proven organization and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities in a fast paced setting with excellent attention to detail, a focus on efficiency, and superb relationship management.
- A sincere and deep commitment to the fundamental belief that every child deserves a college education and that college closes the opportunity gap.
- Excellent written communication skills, with an eye towards messaging and marketing.
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful thinker who can analyze data, recognize trends, and drive strategic recommendations.
- Flexible and adaptable with a positive “can do” attitude and a sense of humor; open to change, learning, and improvement.
- Comfort with web-based technology, skilled in Excel, social media/web 2.0 tools, graphic design and/or Salesforce.
- Able to travel throughout area to staff events and trainings on some weeknights and Saturdays.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Employment is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory fingerprinting and criminal background check.