iMentor conducts a process each year where we “freeze” our enrollment and report that number out, with associated demographic information of both mentees and mentors, for the remainder of the program year. The freeze typically happens in the beginning of the calendar year, about 4 months into the program year.
WHY DO WE DO AN ENROLLMENT FREEZE?
- We report a frozen enrollment number across all of our communication channels in order to stay consistent and accurate in our messaging to both our internal and external stakeholders. In the past, we’ve run into challenges with one team reporting one number, while another team reports a different number, and confusion ensues. The freeze allows us to ensure we’re all communicating the same number for all of our regions and partners.
- We also bill our schools, and want to make sure we have an accurate number, as soon as we can, of the enrollment numbers in each of our schools.
WHAT R&E NEEDS FROM PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION:
- Program implementation teams should ensure that as much matching as possible happens before the enrollment freeze date
WHAT R&E PRODUCES:
- Once the enrollment freeze happens, we send to all internal stakeholders the following: The total enrollment across and within each region, with associated demographic information (i.e., grade, ethnicity, FRL, FG, etc.) for the mentees and mentors in the program.
- Projections for the following fiscal year.