We want iMentor class to be fun and engaging for all students. Below are some of the qualities that we think create a positive classroom culture. Download this document for a full list.
- PM is excited and engaged with the content
- PM shares their own stories and background/makes connection with the content
- Visual representation of iMentor
- Pair highlights: pictures or quotes from pair
- iMentor event schedule
- iMentor logo/iMentor URL
- Testimonials from PSP pairs
- Pair/student of the month
- Pictures from pair expeditions.
- College application timeline
- iMentor grading policies posted
And some of what makes a successful iMentor classroom goes beyond the class walls.
- PMs are known in the school, sit with students at lunch and are visible in the school
- PMs hold office hours that students all know about so students can find you/mentors can find you
- Meet with your co-teacher before school begins/have co-teacher orientations
- Get involved in other aspects of the school (I.e. talent show judge; chaperone)
- Follow through with your students. If you make a date or a commitment, follow through with it.