Text messaging is the primary form of communication with iMentor and PSP pairs. We use the Platform to send curricular texts as well as reminders throughout the year.
Benefits of texting
- Delivers relevant, targeted resources, and advising
- Offers inspiration to boost self-advocacy
- Encourages communication with and the utilization of mentors
- Identifies critical levers of postsecondary support that mentees will need
- Gathers data on pair experiences for quick, short-term intervention and slow, long-term backwards mapping
Text Messaging Curriculum
Text Training Videos
This resources discusses how program staff should integrate texting into their workflow.
This resource discuss best practices in setting up a texting calendar for program communication.
Tips on how to write and respond to text messages.