The primary purpose of the Case Manager Dashboard of the Program Engagement Tableau workbook is to provide case managers (i.e., Program Managers, Match Support Specialists, etc.) with a summary of their pairs' online and in-person engagement. This dashboard can be leveraged to:
- identify trends in online engagement
- create focus lists based on pair engagement data
This interface, while more nuanced than the Mangers Dashboard, use of the Cohort and Class Dashboard may be necessary to drill further down for the development of support or intervention strategies.
Case Managers Dashboard Guide
There are 3 main elements on the Case Managers Dashboard, each of which is identified and described below.
1 - Pair Count, Filters and Legend
The pair count is presented in the top right-hand corner of the dashboard to provide context for the values displayed.
Filters are operated by clicking on the arrow within each box and selecting one or more value. Filters limit the data being displayed. Since the primary consumers of this particular dashboard are mangers and case managers, the dashboard is most effectively used by engaging one or more filters. The example above is filtered to a single case manager, and therefore only shows data for the pairs assigned to her. In this case, the dashboard would be helpful in providing the case manager with an assessment of her performance with regards to pair engagement.
2 - In-Person Meeting Distribution
This pie chart displays the percentage of pairs that have not met, met once, twice, etc., by case manager. Pairs that have met 6 or more times are grouped together, as 6 represents the programmatic benchmark for pair in-person meetings. Values are colored in gradient fashion, from red for pairs that have not met to green for pairs meeting the benchmark.
3 - Week-Over-Week Lesson Engagement
This line graph visualizes the percentage of pairs meeting the online engagement benchmark each week throughout the course of the program year. The most recent point on the graph reflects up to date data regarding how the iMentor city/Partner Program is trending at the end of the current week (the upcoming Sunday).
Leveraging the Case Managers Dashboard
Below, a few strategies for leveraging the Case Managers Dashboard are listed with brief explanations. To learn more about the strategy, click the link.
- Leveraging lesson engagement trends in school partner check-ins
- Are you noticing a downward trend in weekly online engagement as a result of challenges at the school (i.e., scheduling, lack of technology resources, poor attendance, etc.)? Leverage the Week-Over-Week graph to aid in crafting a discussion with school partner administrators.
- Create focus lists using pair-level data
- Do you have pairs that haven't met yet? Create a quick list of these pairs to use in outreach for a make-up event.
- Identify whether a strategy built around mentee or mentor engagement would have a bigger impact on increasing the number of pairs meeting the online engagement benchmark.
Feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions or requests for support in navigating or leveraging this interface in your work!