In this article you will find a step-by-step guide to mentor orientations in Baltimore, from a Screening needs perspective. The local Mentor Engagement team in Baltimore is responsible for all scheduling and practical tasks surrounding orientation, and the day after orientation Screening will take over and support attendees through the screening process. Starting in Spring 2023, Screening will only work with attendees who signed up for an interview - anyone who did not sign up for an interview will stay in the ownership of Recruitment for follow-up, until they either withdraw or sign up for an interview.
DELIVERABLES FOR SCREENING NIGHT-OF:
At the end of orientation, these three things must be updated in Salesforce for Screening to view by 9am EST the next morning:
___Attendance updated on the Salesforce campaign
___Campaign status marked as Completed
___ Post Orientation Notes updated/added in the relevant section of the Salesforce campaign:
- Early/Late Arrival: Did anyone leave early/arrive late? How much did they miss? Do they need to reattend orientation before moving on to screening?
- Behavior Issues: Did anyone exhibit questionable behavior that Screening should be aware of? Any biased comments, interrupting the presenter, inappropriate questions, etc.
- Logistical Concerns: Were there any logistical concerns from any applicants? I.e. anyone who has already been fingerprinted, anyone not able to find an interview time, issues with the links/website, etc.
- Facilitator Notes: Any other notes or feedback you want to share, any especially great/engaged applicants etc?
TO DO DURING THE EVENT
___Mark those who attended/did not attend in the Salesforce campaign.
___Reiterate to applicants the following important pieces to be done night-of:
- sign up for a phone interview (most important)
- complete the online application (if not done already)
The timing of these asks is up to the orientation facilitator, but mentioning them is hugely helpful to screening. Please reiterate vocally and in the Zoom chat!
___Make note of any issues that came up that night that would affect screening. For ex. Zoom issues, any applicant concerns, people who arrived late, major applicant questions, flag-worthy behavior, etc.
___(END OF NIGHT) Mark the entire campaign status as completed
___Touch base with screening if any points require additional discussion/clarification
SCREENING WILL SEND A POST-ORIENTATION EMAIL THE MORNING AFTER THE EVENT OUTLINING ANY NOTES/QUESTIONS.